ADVERTISEMENT

Football Some sad news, Brayden Bapst has medically retired

Chris Lee

Admiral
Staff
Apr 27, 2004
Brayden was in a fairly bad wreck last week (not his fault) and unfortunately after consulting with doctors and his family, has decided it's best to end his football career. Brayden would have helped with defensive line depth and I think was listed second on the depth chart. The accident came Friday and that's why he didn't play against Alabama A&M.

I always felt a little badly for Brayden; he was switched positions and sides of the field more times than I can count and it's hard to get traction that way. He worked exceptionally hard and was one of the kids who survived all the 2020-season fiascos and chose to stuck around, which says something about his character.

Brayden is also enrolled at Owen Business School, which says a lot about how hard he's worked. I'm happy for him that he's getting his master's degree; that should open a lot of doors.

As the father of a son, I know this is heartbreaking for the family. Kids play their whole lives and have big dreams and nobody ever plans on things ending this way. I have gotten to know that family a bit ever since Brayden got to Vanderbilt. That's a first-class family and I hope you'll join me in wishing them all the best.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News