ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Some baseball notes of significance

Chris Lee

Admiral
Staff
Apr 27, 2004
- Confirmed tonight that Miles Garrett isn't on the team. It seems unclear whether there's a window back but it won't be this year.

- Miles Langhorne is on campus and will get a medical redshirt.

- They really have not decided on a starting rotation, and that's at least someone concerning because the reason is, they don't have much clarity. The guys in the mix: Pat Reilly, Christian Little, Nick Maldonado, Chris McElvain, Carter Holton, Hunter Owen. There is a very definite possibility that these guys will, as it was put to me, "piggy-back" in the style you're starting to see more commonplace in playoff baseball, where a guy goes a few innings and then it's the next guy up.

- If Maldonado isn't on the back end, I don't think they have any clarity as to who'll be in his spot. It sounds like Nelson Berkwich, Devin Futrell, Grayson Moore and Gage Bradley would be the best bets though again, roles are really open across the board.

- If they played today, I think the lineup looks like this:
C Keegan
1B: Kolwyck
2B Diaz
3B Noland
SS Young
LF Vaz
CF Bradfield
RF Jones
DH: Bulger or or LaNeve or maybe Vastine if it's a righty

My conversation lasted over an hour and I've got something on everyone; it'll be coming out in content items next week but feel free to ask if you want more here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News