ADVERTISEMENT

Football So, how long do you Lea supporters give him?

WoodyVU66

Admiral
Gold Member
Apr 8, 2014
Madison, Tn.
For the record, I'm not saying fire him now like some are. I understand the situation, and that you have to give coaches several years before you can fire them.

The question is, how long does he deserve to get?

Here's where I'm going with this. All of the Lea defenders talk about getting "his players" in here. Ok, let's play that game. Last year's class, even though signed by Lea, was really a Mason class, right? So, not his players. So this coming up class is really Lea's first recruiting class. A class usually takes 2-3 years (closer to 3 most of the time) before it makes an impact.

So, what you Lea defenders are really saying is that he needs to show improvement in year 4, the first 3 doesn't matter? What happens if his first real class doesn't pan out, like some of you say about Franklin's first class, what then? Year 5? 6? We're getting into the Mason range then. Where does it end?

And, while we are waiting for "his players" to turn this thing around, the fan base, still apathetic from the Mason era, drifts further and further away, finding other things to do on Saturdays instead of watching Vanderbilt get their brains beat in.

It really is a bad situation, with no end in sight.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News