ADVERTISEMENT

Football Seth Luttrell Comments re: Roof, etc.

va72

Commodore
Gold Member
Nov 16, 2005
He has experience recruiting North Carolina and Georgia which really does help Vanderbilt out a lot. One of the more underrated aspects of our recruiting really has been some of our better players come from Virginia and we haven’t been able to hit that area as hard since Bankins left.

Scheme wise he isn’t going to do anything much different, Vanderbilt’s biggest issues are size and tackling. One can only be fixed in the weight room and the other can’t be fixed because of contact rules. The good news is there enough athletes that transferred in Vanderbilt should see a difference on defense.

I’d expect more of a four man front since it plays to our strengths, probably gonna let McCalister rush with Langham doing work inside with Tidd and Birchmeier, we have so many DB’s it’s impossible to tell who starts where next year. Linebackers will probably be Orji and Moore

Biggest downside is much like the OC hire nobody really wants to touch this job because the feeling is Mason will be fired soon. And while he has done the best with what he can he’s pulled a Willie Taggart and grown away from what made him appealing to begin with. I think the better options would have been some of the Rice coaches considering how good Texas has been for us lately, but that’s just an opinion.

Schedule should be easier, toss up wins are still UK, Mizz, Ole Miss, maybe even USC now. Playing Arkansas would be easier but Mercer, Colorado State, Kansas State, and Louisiana Tech are all competitive games

Unfortunately we have TAMU over say Mississippi State

Seth Luttrell

(I am appreciative for Seth’s willingness to contribute at my request. We have only a Twitter connection. We’ve never met.)

PS - Apparently Seth is a controversial figure. I wasn’t aware to what extent when I posted this. A number of posters have ‘liked’ the post. So, maybe some good has come of it. Seth has been a reasonable person when I have infrequently communicated with him. As with most everything on the Internet, consider the source and look for corroborating confirmation before taking what’s said as the gospel. 1/1/20

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News