ADVERTISEMENT

SEC Baseball -- Sunday

VUjunior

Admiral
Nov 30, 2015
Vienna, Austria
Who would've ever dreamed we'd be talking about UT going for the sweep at Florida today?
The "Ghost of Stetson" has apparently taken over their field. IF Dave Serrano gets to keep his job he may have Stetson and 4 goofball Florida players to thank for it.

As much as I dislike UT I'd love to see them take FL today so that the Gators come rolling into Nashville next Thursday with a possible 4 game losing streak (they travel to Florida State on Tuesday) and the Curse of the Stetsons still in place. One wonders if the 4 starters suspended for yesterday's game by Sully will be back today. And speaking of their "breaking team rules", what exactly do you have to do to break Florida team rules when their only rules I know of are, 1. Don't kill anybody, 2. Don't rape anybody, 3. Don't steal any food, 4. Don't advertise for sex on Craigslist?

It is entirely possible that at the end of the day we'll have a 4-way tie for first in the SEC, 2 teams 1 game out, and 3 teams 2 games out. That's cray cray. The SEC is becoming a victim of its own success in that the top 3 teams to date aren't even considered to be the top teams in the country; the league's national rankings (for whatever that is worth) are suffering as a result.

Down the road, if the bunching up of the teams continues, it'll be anybody's guess who the 4-5 SEC teams are that end up hosting an NCAAT regional or whether any SEC team will even get a National Seed. The national baseball media still think (as of last week, at least) that South Carolina and Florida are the two best SEC teams and both have lost series at home this weekend.

I see a big shuffle coming in the rankings of SEC teams on Monday, depending on what all occurs in today's games.

South Carolina DOWN (#12 last week)
FLorida DOWN (#7 last week)
Vandy UP (unranked last week)
Auburn TBD (#11 last week)
Arkansas TBD (#15 last week)
Kentucky TBD (#8 last week)
LSU TBD (#13 last week)
Miss State TBD (unranked last week)
Ole Miss UP (unranked last week)

Last edited:
Reactions: cmoore83
ADVERTISEMENT