ADVERTISEMENT

Seabass podcast reaction thread

PhilipVU94

Admiral
Gold Member
Jul 24, 2001
Seabass day is always my favorite on the podcast. (I understand why you lock the questions thread but it surprises me I can't find a reaction thread for podcasts.)

• Around 25' Chris says, paraphrased, "I didn't think K State was a good matchup for them before that game, but it turned out they were."

I'm completely ignorant about football strategy and tactics, so I'm in no position to say who is or isn't a good matchup. Certainly not beating up on Chris--appreciate his honesty! But this is why I'm skeptical about 90% of the good matchup/bad matchup stuff.

For fun, can any of you football gurus rank the last six games in order of who's the best matchup for VU? I sincerely want to learn.

• Around 45:15, Seabass gets it 180 degrees wrong imo. People moving to Nashville from all over doesn't mean they're looking for something to do. To the contrary, they're generally arriving with ideas about what's an important sporting event. 30 years ago a USC or Wisconsin fan couldn't watch their team 12 games a year in HD from Nashville. Just going to watch some college football, any football, might have been a viable option. Now they can. If they move from a pro sports location, they're more likely to go to a random NFL game than a Vandy game, since

This might change if we go 11-1, but better execution alone won't get us to 11-1. Northwestern had some pretty good teams--I don't recall if their crowds picked up--but this decade their home games against Michigan and OSU look like ours against Bama and Georgia. Boston College is worse. TCU is a great counterexample, AFAIK the only one. We need to understand what's working for TCU that isn't working for Northwestern or BC.

• Twice recently @Chris Lee has mentioned that he hasn't sat in the stands for 15 years. Just curious, Chris--I know you don't want to be perceived as a fan, but wouldn't it be good for journalism to drink in the fan experience once every decade or so? :) I wrote this before Seabass said that but he's right!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News