ADVERTISEMENT

Hoops Recruiting Romeo made the best “family and personal decision”

Boomax

Lieutendant Commander
Mar 18, 2016
As much as I would love to have seen Romeo play with Darius and crew here in Nashville, I also am realistic enough to see the fact of how they treated Damon Bailey during the only game I saw Romeo play in person (Sr night)... Damon, As the leading scorer in Indiana high school history that also chose to play for the Hoosiers, and who has never had to worry again (entire life) about a good paying job -about buying meals - in reality just about anything since the state of Indiana is rabid about basketball!

I do think the parents, especially the dad made choosing Indiana easier because of what they will inevitably gain from this choice as well. I am not saying the parents or Romeo was paid to choose Indiana but logically what they will gain from this as parents of Romeo Langford is undeniable....

Vanderbilt next year will be Garland’s team and Romeo coming to Nashville would’ve still been part of Darius‘s team versus now in Indiana good or bad for him it is Romeo’s team. Again the best choice for having a final four national championship during his freshman year would’ve been playing in Nashville or in Kansas but neither of those schools/fans would have adored Romeo Langford like the entire state of Indiana has done. As Chris may attest, many months back there was an attempt to provide an extra layer of incentive for Romeo when the girlfriend transferred from Bowling Green to Indiana University - this was real retired fan scuttlebutt around the morning coffee tables at the local restaurants, which if true I cannot personally confirm or deny this happened about the gf, but again it doesn’t sound illegal or outside the boundaries of what other universities have done to attract the star player.

Anyways, after a long post there is no doubt in my mind he is a great kid with a great head on his shoulder with great ethics and nothing but a bright future ahead of him and I wish him nothing but success throughout his life.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News