ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Rivals Camp Nashville Recap

Sean_Williams

Admiral
Staff
Oct 14, 2013
Bowling Green, KY
vanderbilt.rivals.com
It's late, I woke up at 5:30 this morning, covered a camp, then took in Mother's Day festivities - so, this recap will be short and sweet.

First up, some recaps from our national analysts:

Takeaways: Kentucky talent, QB's impress in Nashville
Prospects that earned their stripes in Nashville

I will have updates with the following Vanderbilt targets throughout the week - Jackson Hannah, Nicolas Toomer, Aidan Robbins, Devin Boddie, and Zach Calzada.

In terms of the "headline" in-state prospects: Lance Wilhoite, Joseph Anderson,Trey Knox, Adonis Otey, and Woodi Washington - I don't get the sense Vanderbilt will be in it for any of these guys. Anderson and Otey, possibly, but slim.

I caught up with Tymon Mitchell a couple of weekends ago, so there isn't really anything new there. He looked solid today and won his fair share of reps.

Central Gwinnett (Ga.) QB Justin Fomby took home MVP honors today. His only P5 offer is from Missouri, but that will surely change. The QB group was very solid from top to bottom, but Fomby separated himself with the accuracy on his deep throws.

Calzada is another quarterback I really liked today. He has a lot of zip on his passes and always seemed to put the ball where it needed to be. His recruiting has already taken off a bit this spring, but picked up his first SEC offers from Missouri and Vanderbilt this week.

A mid-state quarterback I liked today was Davidson Academy's Stone Norton, he continues to get better and better every time I see him in a camp setting and he's coming off a very productive year. The three-star prospect has seen his recruiting process, picking up offers from Temple, FIU, and UTSA this spring.

Da'Joun Hewitt, another Davidson Academy prospect had a solid showing at running back and was one of the more physically imposing running backs. He has offers from Purdue and Western Kentucky of note.

Lebanon defensive end Zion Logue was a big shaky at the start of 1-on-1's today, but was able to battle through and get better throughout the day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News