ADVERTISEMENT

Football Red Pill / Blue Pill

vandyzack7

Admiral
Gold Member
Jun 25, 2011
Red - Vanderbilt wins Saturday. Momentum continues and Vanderbilt beats TSU, Arkansas, Tennessee and one of Kentucky/Florida/Ole Miss and finishes 7-5.

Mason is given a 5 year extension.

Blue- We lose Saturday. Finish the season 4-8 with wins against TSU and Arkansas. Vandy’s new flashy hire athletic director fires Mason and goes after his own guy. (If Chris is right and we are choosing between the best, one would assume this AD would be going after very qualified coaches).

I only ask this because we lose A LOT after this year. Shurmur, Reagan, Skule, possibly Lipscomb/Pinkney, KB, Dare, Griffin, Smith, possibly JJW...

Then look at our recruiting class. There are only TWO Power 5 teams that have a worse average rated recruit than Vanderbilt. And it really doesn’t seem like we are recruiting anymore high rated players. We are VERY likely to finish in the 70s or 80s.

I want to win. I won’t have a voice by kickoff. But is it in Vanderbilt football’s best interest in Mason riding Shurmur to 6 wins against an easy schedule and being stuck with Mason for another 4-5 years?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News