ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Poll

Is our recruiting getting better or worse?

• Better

• Worse

• Need more info

Results are only viewable after voting.

wkudore

Commodore
Gold Member
Apr 17, 2012
La Grange, KY
Stick with me. I'm doing this on a phone so there may be typos or autocorrects. Comparing this 2017 class to the 2016 class, I believe we are actually dropping off in recruiting instead of improving as mason grows into the position. While the 2017 class is still incomplete, we all have a fairly decent feel to what it will look like. Going position by position the last 2 classes look like this:

I will split this into 2 messages of offense and defense for size limitations

Qb deuce vs free
I personally like deuce better. Free may have more height and a stronger arm, but his accuracy and mechanics are bad. I think it will be a deuce vs Walters battle once shurmur is gone. Advantage 2016

Rb
Wakefield and mcelwain vs no signees. Easy advantage 2016 as for some strange reason the staff thinks we don't need a true rb in this class.

WR
Lipscomb and Winrow vs Bostic and probably Chris Pierce or Waydale Jones. I think bostic will turn into yet another TE/HBack. I believe that winrow and waydale are very similar guys. Good speed and potential and look great vs weak competition in high school, but who knows how that will translate. Chris pierce looks slower than Kyle shurmur. Advantage 2016 bc of lipscomb

TE
Cockrell vs no signees (unless Bostic or Pierce end up there). I still like cockrell better than both. Advantage 2016

OL
Cochran/Auwae/Kopp vs Bailey/Clemens/Stewart/Miller
This one is a tight battle and I think this has been by far our best position of recruiting. (Love me some norcross!). I'll call this a wash bc I'm not 100% sold on miller or bailey. I think Cochran may be the best OL we've signed in a long long time and I think auwae is a 4 year starting center beginning this coming season. I really like Stewart a lot too and think he is our RT of the future after Skule graduates. Advantage EVEN

Last edited:
Reactions: LondonFan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News