FB Recruiting Recruiting notes - November 29th

Sean_Williams

Admiral
Staff
Oct 14, 2013
Bowling Green, KY
vanderbilt.rivals.com
A few notes to pass along this evening:

- Obviously, the coaching staff has been on the road recruiting this week checking in on commits, targets, and other prospects.

- The week started off with Coach Belin and Ah You visiting with top DE target Malik Langham on Monday. Langham picked up an offer from Notre Dame, which will throw a cog in his recruiting process in terms of visits, but Vanderbilt still is in good shape right now.

Notre Dame wants Langham to take an official visit there on the weekend of December 8th, which is the weekend he's suppose to be at Vanderbilt. So, it will be interesting to see if he ends up rearranging his visits. As of now, he hasn't. Which means he'll probably visit Notre Dame at some point in January.

Langham's recruiting process looks like it will stretch out until National Signing Day, one thing is for sure, Vanderbilt is all in and going the distance with him.

- Vanderbilt is expected to sign 18-20 during the early signing period in December. Right now, they want to add the following to the class: 1 more ILB, 1 more OLB, 1 more WR, and 2 more DL. They are not going to panic at any position moving forward.

- In terms of other defensive lineman to keep an eye on, Coach Ah You has also visited Casey Rogers and will visit current Nebraska commit Tate Wildeman, Elijah Wade, and John McCarten who they recently offered. There could also be an graduate transfer option as well.

- Regarding the wide receiver spot, I just got off the phone with CJ Bolar and I can say things are looking really good for Vanderbilt with him. He spoke very highly of the coaching staff and said he's really loving Vanderbilt right now. Coach Ludwig had a visit with him on Tuesday and regularly talks to Coach Hankton. He will be taking his official visit to Vanderbilt the weekend of December 8th.

I'll have more on Bolar tomorrow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News