ADVERTISEMENT

***Recruiting Notes - 10/8***

Sean_Williams

Admiral
Staff
Oct 14, 2013
Bowling Green, KY
vanderbilt.rivals.com
A couple of notes to pass along regarding defensive back targets.

- First, a new DB target emerged last week when Vandy extended an offer to IMG Academy (Fla.) Andre Cisco. The 6-foot-1, 186-pound prospect has put together a nice year at safety. He's done some research on Vanderbilt since getting the offer and told me he is really impressed with their academics and said that is an important factor for him.

Cisco said he's also hearing from Rutgers, Notre Dame, and others and coaches from those programs are expected to come evaluate him in person in the coming weeks. He's originally from New York and has been at IMG since he was a junior. He played cornerback for them last season.

- As noted last week, Tennessee commit Brendon Harris is now keeping his options open in his recruiting process. I've been told that Vanderbilt is in great shape here and Harris is expected to visit West End in a couple of weeks.

- I just got off the phone with JUCO tight end Peyton Aucoin tonight. In case you don't remember him, Vanderbilt was heavily involved in his recruiting process out of high school before he ended up committing to Texas and Charlie Strong. With the coaching change that happened last year, Aucoin decided to go the JUCO route and get re-recruited in a sense.

Unfortunately, he suffered a torn ACL during fall practice at Mississippi Delta CC and is out for the season. One of the reasons for his visit this weekend is so the Vanderbilt medical staff could assess his knee and see how his rehab was progressing, so obviously there is a lot of interest in possibly adding him to the roster if things check out.

Aucoin said he is already ahead on his recovery. He said he is already qualified academically to get into Vanderbilt and will be getting his degree in December, so he'll be a mid-year enrollee.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News