ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting **Recruiting notebook - June 22nd**

Sean_Williams

Admiral
Staff
Oct 14, 2013
Bowling Green, KY
vanderbilt.rivals.com
A few notes to pass along this morning as myself and @JustinAngel get set to attend Vanderbilt's Elite Camp II this afternoon.

Here are a few more notes to pass along from Thursday's camp:

- After competing at Vanderbilt's camp on Thursday, the physically imposing defensive end target stayed overnight on campus and is still on campus this morning. The extended stay is definitely a good sign for the Commodores. Okpala is originally from Nigeria and moved the United States three years ago, so he's still very raw when it comes to football but has a ton of potential.

- I also spied the Pearl Cohn WR target during yesterday's camp hanging out with the Vanderbilt players and things have been nothing but positive between Harrison and Vanderbilt for a long time. I mean, he's wearing Vandy gear everytime I see him. We're now hearing that it could be time to knock down the door between the two and that Harrison could join the class at anytime.

- After struggling a bit at Thursday's camp, it sounds like the coaching staff has cooled a bit on the Mississippi CB target. He could be a guy they pursue again down the road if he shows improvement during his senior season and through evaluations.

- There won't be any official visitors on campus this weekend, but Vandy will host a few unofficial visitors on Saturday that will be highlighted by the RB target. Mimms recently put the Commodores in his top five. Kentucky is another school that's in hot pursuit, he made it back up to Lexington earlier this month, but Vanderbilt is confident with where they stand. So, is Mimms on commit watch? I'd put him on the list.

In regard to today's camp, here are a few notable prospects that are expected to be there:

Targets:

Others:

There will be others there I'm sure, we'll keep you updated throughout when the action starts around noon..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News