ADVERTISEMENT

Radio Broadcast

mousahh

Lieutenant, junior grade
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2017
Obviously, I'm ticked about the second half of the game. Just a poor performance but I was doing some stuff with the family so I listened through the Vanderbilt App with an Airpod in and the radio broadcast is brutal, minus Norman Jordan's insight. So, instead of griping about the game, I want to air my grievances regarding the state of the radio broadcast as a whole.

• They take a commercial break during a player injury and come back to Andrew stating that fans wouldn't have wanted to hear the previous play that they missed any way. I don't recall now if it was a touchdown or just a first down but the producer dropped the ball sending to a commercial on that.
  • Kevin Ingram's mic was on at one point when it should have just been going to the team. You clearly hear him say, "Shepherd headed to the locker room," then Andrew kicks down to Kevin where he gives an official report about "14 heading down the tunnel". Once again, poor job on the production team.
  • Finally, Andrew was handed a note regarding 1st downs in the second half and he rattles off something along the lines of "Vandy with their second 1st down." Then he proceeds to joke about how the stats guy probably thinks he's an idiot.
And this is the state of Vandy athletics. Give me Joe Fisher. Good grief.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News