ADVERTISEMENT

Football Quick Tuesday practice update

Chris Lee

Admiral
Staff
Apr 27, 2004
We got to see a few minutes today, mostly stretching and drills. Nothing earth-shattering, but here's what stood out.

Harrison Smith was getting most, if not all, of the punting reps as they practiced several minutes on the other side of the 50, trying to pin the ball inside the 10.

I think Caleb Peart was playing inside linebacker today when I saw him. I think Andre Mintze got the first rep outside opposite Kenny Hebert.

I think Deuce Wallace got the first QB rep today. We saw about five scrimmage plays and he had the highlight, throwing a great touch-pass to a well-covered Kalija Lipscomb downfield, who caught it and won an ensuing wrestling match for the ball. Wallace had to throw a perfect ball and Lipscomb had to make a nice play and both did that to perfection.

Getting work in the punt return game: Lipscomb, Justice Shelton-Mosley, Ke'Shawn Vaughn, C.J. Bolar, Devin Boddie.

Starting LG Saige Young wasn't dressed today. From what I hear, there's no reason to worry, just keeping him fresh.

That's all I can think of that was noteworthy, but ask if you have a question and I'll give it my best shot.

Will have interviews coming later.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News