ADVERTISEMENT

PGA Tour - Luke List 4th in Houston

Dore3008

Lieutenant, junior grade
Gold Member
Nov 20, 2009
He's solo 4th going into the final round, 5 shots back of the leader. PGA Tour mentioned List's good round and solid season in their daily wrap-up. http://www.pgatour.com/the-upshot/2017/04/01/kang-holds-steady-fowler-makes-charge.html

LIST’S CAREER SEASON GETS EVEN BETTER
Luke List finished second to Ryan Moore at the 2004 U.S. Amateur, giving him a berth in the 2005 Masters, where he made the cut. His career looked promising, and then it didn’t, and now it does again.

List, who at 32 is in his third full year on TOUR, shot the best round of the day Saturday, taming the wind gusts to fire a 7-under 65 on a course that played tougher than it has all week. At 12 under he sits in fourth place alone, five behind the leader Kang.

“I like tough conditions,” List said. “To me, it's a premium on my ball-striking. More attitude than anything. I worked really hard on that the last couple years, and especially this year, I feel like it's paid dividends for me just being as positive as I can.

“I was just trying to be relaxed out there,” he added. “That seems simplistic, but sometimes it's really tough, especially when it’s this windy.”

Whatever List is doing with his coach Jamie Mulligan, it’s working. With six top-25 finishes already this season, List came to Houston at 24th in the FedExCup standings.

With one more good day, he is poised to jump into the top 20.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News