ADVERTISEMENT

"Outsider's" perspective

dlish

Captain
Gold Member
Jul 6, 2004
Whereas I'm not really an "outsider" per se because I've been a Vandy fan for over 30 years and am deeply emotionally invested in the program, I feel like a bit of an outsider because I live so far away and the last couple of years I haven't even been able to stay up and stream the games in the middle of the night like I used to (due to the fact that I have a 15 month old son, not the state of the program). The practical effect of this is most of the time I experience the season through box scores and game recaps which somewhat insulates me from the heated emotions of the moment.

I think it's objective fact that the program is improving. It can be argued that we are about 10 plays aways from being 8-3 (5-2) with wins over UGa, Ole Miss, USCe, Florida and Auburn and a chance to play in Atlanta. (Of course it can also be argued we are 4 or 5 plays away from being 3-8). The vitriol is coming, understandably, from the maddening inconsistency that causes a blowout loss to GaTech and losses to UK and Mizzou.

If that's the objective outsider's view of the state of the program, the questions become is the rate of improvement fast enough and is the inconsistency acceptable? I can't answer those questions for everybody, but I'm pretty sure you can boil it all down to that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News