ADVERTISEMENT

Our new coach

WoodyVU66

Admiral
Gold Member
Apr 8, 2014
Madison, Tn.
We all wanted the big name. I for one felt it was time for VU to have the "big name" guy. By all accounts, they went after GM and others.

Some of you since the announcement of our new coach have said this isn't a "home run" hire,while others act like it is.

Most of the negative sentiments seems to be the league our new coach coached in. But the reality is, if you aren't a blue blood program (UNC, UK, KU, Duke), the likelihood of getting the "big-name" coach to leave a power 5 job for another power 5 job are slim. And GM is waiting on something like that.

So, if you aren't a blue blood program, you HAVE to hire from a mid major program. And I believe after reading about new coach Bryce Drew that he was the best mid major coach available.
  1. 22-12
  2. 26-8
  3. 18-16
  4. 28-6
  5. 30-7
One bad year out of five. 3 excellent years. Only went to the NCAAT 2 times true, but as we all know the regular season conference champion (which CBD was 4/5 years) doesn't get the automatic bid, the tournament champ does.

My point is this, CBD won, alot. He can coach. If he can recruit, and we won't know for a year or two ,we will have the coach we all wanted, and will be challenging UK for the SEC title.

What more could we ask for??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News