Our defense as the season approaches

Does the defense concern you?

• Nope, CDM is the man when it comes to defense

Votes: 29 35.4%
  • Some, but we have talent and it will be fine eventually

Votes: 41 50.0%
  • I'm not in panic mode yet, but could get there quickly

Votes: 12 14.6%
  • The defense is a dumpster fire, we're doomed!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

WoodyVU66

Admiral
Gold Member
Apr 8, 2014
Madison, Tn.
Is anyone else besides me ( I think @Chris Lee is starting to be) concerned about our defense this year? Or does everyone just think CDM is a defensive guru and it will be fine?

I really didn't think it was very good last year (red zone defense was the best in the conference though). Opponents marched up and down the field between the 20's most of the year last year, we didn't get many sacks or turnovers, and we lost the best players at each position, AB on the DL, ZC at LB, TM in the secondary (you can make the argument by years end TM wasn't the best in the secondary, that JJW or RW was). Not to mention that ZC was the best player on the team, period.

Since CDM has been here, we virtually get no pressure on the QB's, which results in few sacks and turnovers, our corners basically invite teams to complete easy 7-8 yard passes, and if we miss the tackle it becomes a 20+ yard reception.

For the most part in camp so far, the only good plays brought up for the defense is the occasional batted down pass at the LoS or by a DB.

We have no proven depth on the DL, very little at LB. Even though we feel like have talent at these positions, it's young and/or unproven.

I've been saying for the better part of a year now that this defense concerns me, does anyone else besides me worry about it?

Last edited:
Reactions: InGold
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News