ADVERTISEMENT

Once every season

vandymick7

Sub-lieutenant
Gold Member
Aug 30, 2020
As a long, long time ticket holder, I am so tired of this stuff. Usually, when we lose like this, I don't have much trouble moving on and looking forward to next week. But I am having trouble getting over this one. And it got me to thinking. It seems like every season over the years, the is one game and only one, where Vandy treats its fans to a really great and exciting win. It is a game against a "name" opponent where we are a pretty big underdog or a game where we win in an exceptionally exciting way. A couple seasons ago, we got a bonus with two such wins against Kentucky and Florida in an otherwise dismal season. But we made up for that last year with none. Maybe someone with a good memory can look back over the last 10-20 seasons or so and see if this theory is at all valid. This season we of course had Virginia Tech. I'm still hoping maybe we'll have another, but after Saturday, it's hard to see where that "special" win will be possible and it may well be I will have to be satisfied with just one special game for this season.

Reactions: InGold
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.