ADVERTISEMENT

On the OL

88Buster

Captain
Gold Member
Sep 25, 2005
So - I am pained as most everyone else is to read about the deficiencies in the OL in yesterday’s scrimmage. Based on multiple reports it sounds like the IOL was the weakest link. While I certainly would never suggest that the OL will become a strength, here are a few reasons that I’m going to hold off on panic mode for now:

1) Klenakis is a pro. I think he will be able to develop some of these guys. The combination of Kill, Beck and Klenakis are going to figure out how to make some lemonade out of what they have. You have to count on that.

2) From reporting, virtually everything has changed in how the OL is practicing and the OL schemes. So, one would expect them to be pretty far behind the DL until they get more time in the new system.

3) Loisaga may have been the only IOL who played yesterday that will see the field next year. If healthy, Morgan is certainly a starter. Ketschek and Pitchford likely will play - none of those 3 played yesterday.

4) I assume that the coaches are currently auditioning all of the potential OTs. By Fall camp it is likely that at least one of the current OTs who is not going to start at OT will slide over to OG to get the best 5 guys on the field at once.

5) Plus, if they can get a starting OT in the portal this Spring, then they may be able to slide Hansen over to OG and he would immediately become the best IOL on the team. That would make a huge difference.

Just a few reasons to have a little hope IMO.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News