ADVERTISEMENT

Football On Lea

VU23

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2020
I’ll concede this is going to be an unpopular take in the midst of our disappointment with the game’s outcome, but it’s where I’ve landed after mulling it over. Today was encouraging- we went into South Carolina against a team with more talent on both sides of the ball, and played close. We should’ve won and Lea/Minter’s passive playcalling at the end was assuredly a mistake, especially seeing the pressure we brought throughout the game was successful. That said, this was a marked improvement in a short amount of time. Last year’s team (with more talent) wouldn’t have fared nearly as well, especially playing the backup QB. We shouldn’t forget that Lea and Minter are both new in their roles, and that they’re going to have growing pains too. In contrast to Mason’s teams that consistently played below their talent level and seemed disorganized, this team played above its talent level today and they seem to have a coherent and organized operation. I’m very curious to see how they fare against Mizz and MSU at home. I suspect they’ll play those teams close as well, and I’ll even go as far as to predict an SEC win. Don’t get me wrong, I was enraged with the outcome today as well, but we’d be lying to ourselves if we denied the clear signs of progress in front of our eyes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News