ADVERTISEMENT

On a semi-personal note

Chris Lee

Admiral
Staff
Apr 27, 2004
Many of you may remember me talking about my nephew, Ayden Eberhardt, who walked on at Wyoming and got a scholarship after two years and ended up starting his last two seasons. He's a great kid and I've been super proud of him and most of you know that traveling to see him play a couple of times a year over his career cut into what I could do on football coverage here.

Well, Ayden tore his ACL with about four games left in his senior year, which basically wrecked his shot at getting in an NFL training camp last year. But this year, he got an invite to training camp what the BC Lions of the Canadian Football League and caught six balls for 104 last week (at the same time Vanderbilt was playing Florida in the SEC tournament--I was keeping an eye on both at the time).

Anyway, he's playing his last exhibition game tonight before the regular season starts. I'm about to settle in and watch that. I think if he plays well tonight, he'll probably make the team.

And man, I hope he makes it. Seeing him play pro ball would be a real thrill after all he beat to get here.

So just thought I'd share that for all the families of the players here, or the parents who've got a son or a loved one trying to live the dream. I think it's given me a new appreciation of what everyone in sports goes through.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News