ADVERTISEMENT

Football Ok, the longer this drags out...

WoodyVU66

Admiral
Gold Member
Apr 8, 2014
Madison, Tn.
For the first time since I joined this site in 2014, it seems we are all in on Mason being fired.

We also all think that ADMT is going to be the beginning of a new era in Vanderbilt athletics. He's saying, and so far, doing all of the right things. Or is he??

Whether or not Turner was responsible for Mason getting a ridiculous extension, inspite of never even having a winning season, it happened on his watch. Hands tied or not, he was on the job when it happened.

Right now, what's different about how our athletic department promotes it's sports teams? I've seen zero difference. We hear virtually nothing about football or basketball, save for a few billboards around town. They were doing that little before the Rexrode article. Speaking of that article, what's going on with the facilities upgrades? Haven't heard a peep about that in awhile, either.

Moving on to our current debacle, aka Mason's football team, why is he still employed?

What possible benefit comes from allowing Mason to coach another game? The team has obviously quit on him, there's no other explanation for the blowout loss to UNLV. None. There's still six games left on the freaking schedule!! Every game is going to be worse than the last one as long as he's the coach. There's no reason to keep him around, the fans are done, the team is done. Why keep him?

This is starting to smell more and more to this soon to be 53 year old lifetime Commodore fan like SOV. Every minute he's still employed by VU makes me start to question if anything has actually changed on West End.

The clock is ticking, ADMT......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News