Oct 14, 2013
Bowling Green, KY
vanderbilt.rivals.com
Some quick reactions from the commitments after their official visit weekend:

Colin Anderson, ILB, Brooks (Ala.)
On overall weekend:
"Went well! Got to bond with the other commits and players. Was awesome."

On funnest part of the weekend:
"This might sound lame, but the magician they had for us. Was amazing, got an autograph. Go karting was a close second. Those things were zooming."

On who performed well at go karts:
"Jacob free and McLane were insane. I was drifting the best i could but still was way worse them them."

Jacob Free, QB, Brantley (Ala.)
On overall weekend:
"It was great. We just got a lot of information about Vandy football and academics and had a chance to hang out with the coaches the recruits and other players."

On Colin Anderson's claim of Free's go kart driving insanity:
"I can drive a little bit, haha."

Bryce Bailey, OT, Castle (Ind.)
On overall weekend:
"It was awesome to get to know some of the guys that I'll be spending a lot of time with over the next four years. Most fun thing we did was probably race the other recruits and coaches in go karts."

On beating any of the coaches at go karts:
"No way, they were all flying!"

Grant Miller, OL, St. Thomas Aquinas (Fla.)
On the overall weekend:
"The official visit went really well, had a lot of fun. What stood out most to me was just getting to know the most of the guys who are going to be surrounding me for the next few years. Coaches and players, it's really a great group and something special is going on here."

On the most fun thing:
"The most fun thing we did in my opinion was going go karting and racing against the coaches."

McLane Mannix, ATH, MIdland (Tex.)
On the overall weekend:
"I had a great time! It was a great environment and also nice to meet all the other commitments. Coach Masons leadership and ability to get the most out of his players stood out the most to me."

"Go carts was the most fun, I ended up getting second in the championship, haha."

Jalen Pinkney, DE, Norcross (Ga.)
On the weekend:
"It went great. We went go-karting, and we hung out a lot. Had a lot of fun with the guys."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News