ADVERTISEMENT

Football Offensive depth chart and notes

Chris Lee

Admiral
Staff
Apr 27, 2004
I'm listing first and second teams in order. I'm more confident in the accuracy of the first teams because second-team can be tough to distinguish at times. Third-teamers sometimes get reps there, and I’ll sometimes add a third guy where I think it’s a player who’ll play.

So, don't take this as claiming to be 100 percent accurate, but I think I'm at least in the ballpark. I'll add brief thoughts in addition below.

OFFENSE

QB Kyle Shurmur Deuce Wallace

RB KeShawn Vaughn Khari Blasingame Jamauri Wakefield

WR Kalija Lipscomb Trey Ellis

WR Chris Pierce Alex Stump

Slot Donaven Tennyson C.J. Bolar Jackson Winrow

TE Jared Pinkney Sam Dobbs Ben Bresnahan/Braden Kopp

LT Justin Skule Jonathan Stewart

LG Cole Clemens John Learned

C Egidio DellaRipa Grant Miller

RG Bruno Reagan David Floyd

RT Devin Cochran Bryce Bailey

FB Jaire George Josh Higgs

Receiver: I’m a little unclear on the order at WR, but it appeared to me that Pierce was running ahead of Stump today. Again, Stump’s ability to stay healthy is a concern. Lipscomb is going to be their top target at that position. Tennyson appears to be the starter at the slot, but watch out for Bolar once he learns everything. And don’t count out walk-on Trey Ellis, who has had a solid spring.

Tight end: Pinkey is the top option, but he needs to be more reliable. Dobbs has been hurt and he’ll be a factor. Don’t sleep on true freshman Ben Bresnahan as a contributor. Braden Kopp will see snaps, but he’s a converted offensive lineman and I’m not sure he’s run a pass route yet, at least not that I noticed.

Running back: I had originally omitted Jamauri Wakefield. I think he's running behind Blasingame, but I'll try to pay a little more attention to that battle on Wednesday. I may be wrong there. Josh Crawford would be the fourth guy.

Offensive line: Walk-on John Learned seems to be running second team right now, but don’t forget that Saige Young, the LG starter much of last year, has been out. Guard Jared Southers hasn't been participating, either, and Sean Auwae is also out all spring. Clemens has been running first team all spring there. Another walk-on, David Floyd, backs up Reagan, but unless Reagan is hurt, he’s hardly coming out of a game, so I don’t know that this is significant.

Fullback: I’m not sure how often VU will use one, but Jaire George was getting some first-team reps today.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News