ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Next year’s hoops lineup

Friedas_Boss

Admiral
Gold Member
Sep 17, 2003
@thepeopleschampion13 brought this up in another thread but it wasn’t a look at the lineup so much as it was a question about Stackhouse’s future here.

So, I wanted to look at the players and see what we have. At first glance, it looks like the future is very bright with some really nice pieces.

PG: Shelby / Lawrence / Thomas
SG: Dezonie / Thomas / Lawrence
SF: Colin Smith / Wright / Dorsey
PF: Dia / Stute / Mann / Dorsey
C: Dort / QMB

To me, this is a much better lineup than what we trot out there this season. Of course, there is no way we start 4 freshmen but I’m just over Stute and Wright, both are so extremely one dimensional players (offensively), it makes your offense bog down. Stute can’t score inside the arc and if you can take away Wright’s drive, he has nothing.

I still believe in Dorsey but he needs a big off-season if he’s going to be a contributor next year.

I like Thomas’ progression into his JR year. He brings it about every other game now, that needs to get to 3/4 next year.

I think a Colin Smith and Dia Will form one of the most dangerous 1-2 combos we’ve had in a while.

Dort will give us rebounding we haven’t had in a while and the ability to score the ball in the paint without driving.

Shelby looks like a solid PG who can score and dish the rock.

In a nutshell, I think we will be better next year than we are this year

I would assume we will pick up a transfer or two as well.

Any thoughts or comments?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News