ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Nevada - Florida: Relating it to Vanderbilt

Bighornsheep

Admiral
Gold Member
Apr 15, 2004
Nevada runs the exact same “offense” that VU tries to run. Dan Bonner, the announcer, described it perfectly. Said they run an isolation offense, with limited movement, where you play a lot of 1 on 1 basketball. And when shots aren’t falling, it makes the offense look terrible.

And, Nevada looked terrible. Only reason it was close is they started playing pressure defense and got some turnovers and also crashed the boards and got some offensive rebounds the 2nd half. That is the 4th time I’ve seen Nevada this yr and all 4 times they looked vastly overrated to me because of their offense.

Musselman came from the NBA, CBD played in the NBA and is trying to run an NBA offense.

The problem is, in college you don’t have NBA players (and even if you have future NBA players, most of them aren’t ready to run an NBA offense).

I believe you can watch replays of game on the March Madness app, or CBS sports might replay the game, but if you didn’t watch it you should really watch that Nevada/FL game. Nevada is a lot more talented offensively than VU, but that offense is ugly. They are also a lot more talented than most every team they play, that is why they had the record they did. If they played a lot of equally talented teams, I think their record would of been a lot different.

Someone with influence with CBD really needs to get him to scrap the offense forever he’s trying to run, it’s never going to work unless he gets all NBA players (which he won’t). And, even if he gets talented players, it’s probably going to limit how far they can advance in the tourney.

And, I truly believe that offense they tried to run is 90% of the reason they went winless in the SEC this yr.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News