ADVERTISEMENT

Must Win

88Buster

Captain
Gold Member
Sep 25, 2005
I have steadfastly avoided using the dreaded "must win" description for any MBB game so far. But, the time has come - tonight is a must-win, in my opinion for 2 reasons:

1) To be reasonably safely in the field, Vandy needs to jump ahead of both Florida and Alabama. This game gives them the opportunity to get ahead of both. A win at FL gives Vandy a sweep of the series and a one game lead in the SEC - that should put Vandy securely ahead of FL. Plus, Alabama is will very likely lose at UK, which would put the two games behind Vandy in the SEC and a half game behind in the overall record - which should also put Vandy securely ahead of Alabama.

2) I just don't believe that Vandy can win its next 3 games, especially if they lost at UF. So, a loss leaves them with a likely 18-13 or maybe 17-14 record which would be the death blow to any tournament chances.

As for the game, Florida has only reached 70 points once in its last 5 games. I think if Vandy can score in the mid-70s, they have a very high probability of winning. My prediction: Vandy 74 UF 68.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News