ADVERTISEMENT

Football Mizzou AD on Barry Odom

sidedore

Commodore
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2003
The expectations at Mizzou vs Vandy couldn't be more different. Keep in mind Mizzou is 5-5. This is from Football Scoop. This is of course in relation to whether or not Odom's job is in jeopardy.

“Coach Odom, his staff and student-athletes have worked incredibly hard since beginning their journey together back in January, and I know they are disappointed in their on-field performance over the last four games after a 5-1 start vaulted Mizzou into the AP Top 25.

“It is important to note that in the Associated Press Poll era, only two Mizzou coaches, Dan Devine and Warren Powers, have won more games in their first four seasons in Columbia than Coach Odom. He has not allowed the still unknown outcome of Mizzou’s NCAA appeal or key injuries stop him, the staff or players from continuing to build a positive locker room culture within our program, which includes record-setting academic success the past two semesters, and I remain supportive of his efforts.

"I look forward to the Tigers becoming bowl-eligible for the third-straight year, something Mizzou hasn’t accomplished in nearly a decade, and sending our 18 seniors out on a high note in our final two regular season games.”

Obviously, that’s a lot of words seemingly uttered to distract from the fact that none of those words really answer the question. Perhaps the tell is there — “I remain supportive of his efforts” — but, typically, the best response to a direct question is a direct response.

Very few coaches are as invested in their programs than Odom is with Mizzou. Actually, scratch that. There’s no FBS head coach more intertwined with his program than Barry Odom, a former Tiger middle linebacker, graduate assistant, director of recruiting, director of football operations, position coach, coordinator and, now, head coach.

Last edited:
Reactions: Friedas_Boss
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.