ADVERTISEMENT

Men's coaching update, 9 p.m. Thursday

Chris Lee

Admiral
Staff
Apr 27, 2004
I was able to connect with someone else who's fairly well connected to the program, and I think the version of what I stated earlier is pretty well in the ballpark of what's going on.

I do believe a meeting happened yesterday between Kevin Stallings and athletic director David Williams, and that it did not go well.

I do believe that there is a seven-figure buyout in place, but one that should be manageable, and that there may be some booster effort to address it.

The St. Louis end continues to be really quiet, but I have seen some signs that make me believe that St. Louis's interest MAY have cooled, perhaps related to the way Vanderbilt's season ended.

I think there was a way to do this parting gracefully, and while I wouldn't necessarily rule that out as both parties may need to save face--and both David and Kevin are fully capable of putting on the appropriate public face when needed--I don't feel as confident about that as I once did.

Hopefully emotions will cool and common sense will prevail, but it's hard to say. At this time, I can safely say, it just needs to end and end as quickly as possible.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News