ADVERTISEMENT

Football Mason, Bama, and LSU

WoodyVU66

Admiral
Gold Member
Apr 8, 2014
Madison, Tn.
What in the world does Mason have to do with two top 10 programs, like Alabama and LSU, you ask? Has Woody gone crazy even putting them in the same sentence? Possibly. But I do have a point.

Nick Saban, the greatest college football coach of this generation (and probably ever), just a few seasons ago was bitching and complaining about spread offenses. They were dangerous to the players he said. He whined about how his defenses didn't have time to substitute. To no avail. The powers that be didn't cave in to Nick. So, what did Nick do? He adapted. If I can't beat them, I'll join them. Look at Alabama's offense now. It's exciting. It's putting up mind blowing numbers. Alabama has the best receivers in the country. ALABAMA!?!?

LSU was also stuck in the ground and pound offense and play good defense mode. LSU finally got with the times this season, trying to catch up with Alabama, and are putting up school record type numbers every game. They are fun to watch finally.

So, two traditional football powers with unlimited resources and top 10 recruiting classes EVERY year decided to get with the times and create exciting offensive football for their programs.

Why? Because they saw how it allowed less talented teams to compete with them. And they thought, if it works that well with less talent, think what it would be like for us! That's why.

So, we are fans of the program with the least resources in the SEC (or should I say the least being spent, because VU has the money) and the least talent, but our head coach either thinks he knows better than these other coaches or he's just blind to the fact that offense sells.

Seriously, do you want butts in the seats at Vanderbilt? Do you want to get the old fans back and get new fans from the national "IT" city you reside in? Then be fun to watch. Create excitement with the brand of football that you play. Nick and Orgeron, two play defense and run the ball coaches changed, so can we.

Either Mason adapts to the times, or we need to find someone that will.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News