ADVERTISEMENT

Malcolm Turner’s Magical Year

Nashvegas69

Commodore
Jan 11, 2014
I just don’t believe that in less than a year Turner has all these plans and ideas in place and then suddenly he leaves and everything goes back to square one.

A lot of this is pure Turner’s side of the story after he got drilled coming out of the firing by Vandy’s side of the story. Talking about new stadiums new baseball fields and new gyms doesn’t make it a real or realistic plan.

The idea that Vandy somehow recoiled at Turners talk of grand plans in a time when he didnt even have a chancellor in place is doubtful. As slow as Vandy moves they hadn’t even gotten around to taking a serious look at Turners “grand plans” and as far as I can tell they were just one off things leaked out to show he was trying to do things.

Vandy in the meantime still hasn’t done anything to change its reputation of do nothing and support nothing. And quite frankly until the new chancellor gets in and gives his priorities, I’m shocked anyone thought anything was going to happen after 40 years of inaction during a transition period.

Bottom line - there were obvious problems with Turner and it went both ways. Now a new chancellor is there. A new AD is there and new promises are there. Maybe it’s the SOV and nothing will change. And if that’s true a lot of people will be gone for good. The clock is ticking and this final “reset” button has a very short fuse.

My point is with the last few articles by Chris it appears the narrative has shifted to Turner was trying to do all these things in his first 6 mos and couldn’t get these hundreds of millions of things approved and got frustrated and left. I just don’t think that’s the case. I think that’s pro Turner spin to ease the departure.

Does that excuse Vandy’s lack of commitment - no. Does it mean things have to change quickly - yes. But to think Turner was at the middle of some grand plan that was suddenly squashed is a bit of a stretch.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News