ADVERTISEMENT

Football Let's look at what's right in front of us this morning

Chris Lee

Admiral
Staff
Apr 27, 2004
- Candice Lee gave a press conference yesterday in which she outlined a vision for a head coach. She said they prefer an offensive-minded coach and someone who's been a head coach. She also issued some qualifiers to those statements. I thought people took her original statement too literally because of those qualifiers, but maybe not.

- As Sean Williams passed along last night, Coastal Carolina's director of player personnel is following all VU commitments on Twitter. Coastal Carolina is where Jamey Chadwell is the head coach.

- If you remember when James Franklin was here, a major tell that he was leaving for Penn State was when his assistants started following Penn State commits while still at Vanderbilt.

- Jamey Chadwell is following Candice Lee on Twitter.

I'm not reporting he's their next coach. I certainly don't know that for a fact. But I did do a "pre-Hot Board" a few weeks ago and his name was one of the four names on there, and that wasn't by accident either.

Things are not always as they appear, but I am a big proponent of looking at what's in front of me and not talk myself out of considering the evidence that at face value looks obvious.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News