ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Keeping an eye on some transfers

Chris Lee

Admiral
Staff
Apr 27, 2004
While Vanderbilt feels good about QB Deuce Wallace, and I like both he and Allan Walters, I've been hearing for a while that VU may be involved in getting a transfer quarterback. Here are some thoughts on that.

- I was told this weekend to keep an eye on Alabama's Jalen Hurts. That sounds nuts and probably is, but on the way something was worded to me, it's something we'll keep an eye on, as the last month of two has taught me to be careful to discount anything.

I checked this out on the Alabama Rivals end and they don't see Vanderbilt as a possibility. I also have a hard time thinking it will materialize because he's Jalen Hurts and he's going to have a billion options, but on the flip side, he's already gotten his undergrad degree and he's not going to be an NFL QB, so maybe Vandy would have more appeal now. I think Vanderbilt would also like to get more mobility out of the QB position.

Don't get your hopes up but I'm just passing this along.

- As was reported elsewhere last week, Vanderbilt has been connected with Ball State's Riley Neal. We have not heard more since that came out, but we've also been distracted with other stuff also.

- I think VU is a strong possibility to get a running back transfer. We were asked to keep the name to ourselves for now. This will not be as big a splash as Ke'Shawn Vaughn, but I feel confident in saying this player can provide quality depth at a minimum.

Most of this is still extraordinarily speculative, but I think there are definitely legs to the running back transfer. We'll keep you posted.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News