ADVERTISEMENT

Football Just, wow, at VU administration..

WoodyVU66

Admiral
Gold Member
Apr 8, 2014
Madison, Tn.
I was changing the channel on my radio yesterday and hit 102.5. Jarred and the GM happened to be on, and talking about the VU story about Zeppos and Corbin and the money they make.

Personally, I could care less about that. If VU sees fit to pay them that kind of money, more power to them.

But, Jarred was also talking about how he sees no reason for VU to not be good in ALL athletics, football and men's basketball (the by far two biggest revenue sports) included. That VU has as much money as anyone.

Floyd Reese said there's only one reason VU isn't good at football, because they don't want to be. And by not wanting to be, he was referring to not spending money on facilities and other things to be competitive. Yes, I know, we've talked this to death, but I'm about to get to what he said next, which is mind blowing.

Jarred said," Floyd, tell them your Vandy story when you were the GM of the Titans."

Floyd said, " back when the Titans first got to Nashville in '98, the Titans played their first season at Vanderbilt stadium. He and other Titan executives toured the facilities and were blown away by how small, outdated, basically subpar everything was. The locker rooms especially, were cramped, unairconditioned, just basically unusable. So, Floyd says the Titans executives all agreed something had to be done. So, they said tell Vanderbilt we will upgrade their locker rooms for them at NO COST to the university. So, Floyd meets with the AD, and tells them the Titans would like to upgrade their locker rooms. The AD says no thanks. Floyd says, maybe you misunderstand, we will pay for it all, it won't cost VU ANYTHING. The AD again says no thanks. Then he says if we at Vanderbilt think we need new locker rooms, we will pay for them."

So basically, he was saying VU didn't think they need new locker rooms.

Just, wow!

Titans offer to pay for locker rooms, big money boosters are told no to helping CBD and others ........ why in the hell do they even have sports, if they aren't going to even try and be as good as they can be? Better yet, why do we even care if they don't?

I've said it before, but if we lose CBD over anything like this, I'm done.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News