ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Grady's parting thoughts, mentions Vanderbilt

DansWillMakeYouDance

Admiral
Gold Member
Mar 1, 2015
This is from an article about his parting thoughts from Florida. He mentions Vanderbilt.

Overall, what did you learn the most from your year at Florida, and what did you truly enjoy from it?
Grady:
Coming from Vanderbilt, obviously it’s a different culture here. At Vandy, it’s all about the grades and academics - it’s very important. But there wasn’t the right respect given to the football team, or even athletes in general. Even like the baseball team at Vanderbilt that won a national championship, you’d expect a little bit more respect going around campus. Whereas at Florida, if you’re on the football team in general – I’m mean, obviously I didn’t play as much as I wanted to – but if you’re on the football team, there’s just a certain respect that you’re given by students, professors. For me, that’s something that I love. Being a student-athlete, it’s great knowing that your peers see you in a different light. As far as a culture that Florida has, it’s great if you play football. Especially after a win, it’s awesome. Fans love you, students love you, teachers love you. It’s just a great environment, a great place to be at.

link

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News