Basketball Is there hope???

HarleyHog44

Sub-lieutenant
Gold Member
Apr 14, 2012
Richmond Va.
Chris, Sean and Vandyblue,

Can all of you give us some thought or insight on the following questions:

> CBD has only had 1 true recruiting season. I believe he saved Clevon and Payton Willis from CKS signings. He signed Saban, Max and Obinna really on the fly of the short time he had to recruit. His true recruits are DG, Nesmith and SS. It has to be hard to get recruits to play your system if they were recruited for another system.

> I know CBD can coach. He has had to make many coaching adjustments the last 2 years. He changed everything for MFD, JR and RL. I think Jeff and RIley really made progress under his coaching their last 2 seasons. They got their confidence back and Jeff should have made all SEC. Seeing Blue's response in another thread of having Cam, Joe, Djery, Clevon and Willis would scare no one. Did anyone see it taking 4 to 5 years to turn this around. Would we have gotten DG without CBD.

> I know CBD's dad was a very successful coach. Is he attending and or helping during practices. I would hope CBD is getting help from him or at least advice. With his brother, this seems to be a pedigree coaching family.

> The announcers did make a statement last night I though about. VU has played the number 1 or 2 schedule the last 2 years and it will probably be a top 20 this year. Hard to get results when you do not have the talent or player experience to do so.

> How does CBD compare to rebuilding against other successful coaches. Other than Kentucky, Duke and Kansas that can reload every year. Didn't it take Coack K several years to get that top recruit that helped turn it around?

> The announcers had another good thought last night. A rebuilding is not a one size fits all. This may be a good example of not having the facilities needed to compete and again the backing of the university to really want to invest in any of our sports programs. Has it finally caught up to them?

> Another good thought from the announcers, they have not lost the locker room. I know this is hugely important. I see a bunch of role players not stars. There has been improvement. You just can't take a role player and make him the go to guy in half a season. The team had a leader in DG. With no one to step up until now with Nesmith and Saban, team chemistry is so important.

> Can you help give the members here some hope!!! Several here go instantly to atomic meltdown. I say go pull for another team. I have coached high school BB, boys and girls in another state and I am sure CBD feels the pressure. I am pulling for CBD just like I pull for CDM. VU has a chance with the new AD to make a statement to the rest of the SEC and our fan base. Time may not be on our side and certainly not on the fan base side. Do we really want to make a coaching change and then take another 3 to 5 years to turn it around. Is this the best option???

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News