ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Interview w/ Tymon Mitchell

SoFLVU

Master
Gold Member
Jun 28, 2014
This is from another site (dawgnation) so not sure about rules copying link.
Good long article with some interesting insights on DL recruiting (comfirms what we know - difficult to find high academic kids) and local Nashville recruiting. As we know down to 3 schools - VU, UV, UGA. Visiting UGA this week. Shows love for all 3 schools. Says decision early next month and he already has decision made.

Excerpts:

“He just told me that ‘You are a defensive lineman and you have a 25 on your ACT’ and he said ‘That doesn’t exist’ in college football all that much,” Mitchell said. “He said that I was a completely different profile guy for them..."

"Last year they would take anybody with under a 20 on their ACT. This year they are starting to recruit a different profile kid. The new thing I hear from them now is that everyone has to fit the mold of being a real student in the classroom with what they are doing now.”

“The energy at Vanderbilt is crazy,” Mitchell said. “Kids from Nashville never really look at it like seriously but my Dad went there. So he made sure that I looked at it. I do love coach (Derek) Mason and all those guys. Coach (C.J.) Ah You. I’ll go to practices and go to games. I love those guys. You can just sit in a meeting room with those guys and just get pumped up and ready to play.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News