ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Impact players for 2019 VandyBoys

hkdore

Master
Gold Member
Apr 11, 2008
hong kong
Always a tough call,so many things can happen from injuries to kids choosing a different path. That said I'll take a shot:

Kumar Rocker- I never expected to get this kid to campus.Kids like Rocker exonerate our system of recruiting "can't miss" MLB prospects.KR set a justified high price on himself and nobody bit.So he now looks to be coming to Vandy.Rocker is a 6-5,250 lb rhp from Georgia whose FB sits at 93-6 and peaks at 98.Ist team PG All American.Projection-immediate impact.

Austin Becker-Another tall,elite RHP from Ohio who was projected to sign.Wrong.Looks like he's headed to the West End. 6-6,185 lb and throws 92-4 topping at 96.1st team PG All-American.
Projection-immediate impact.

John Malcom- This kid from the Detroit area is a beast. 6-4,217 and just hammers the ball as a L/L.Natural position is 1B but if Infante returns he may initially play LF.When he does play 1B he's a natural leftie with soft hands and smooth movement.1st team PG All American.

Isaiah Thomas- 6-3,190 R/R from Florida. This kid can really rake,also a superb outfielder.Possible platoon in LF with Malcom if Infante returns as expected.3rd team PG All American.

Ethan Smith-Local TN kid who unlike Weathers appears to be destined for VU.6-3,200 RHP who sits at 91-3 with the fb.Advanced secondary pitches.PG 1st team All America.

With the seniors who are expected to return 2019 could be truly memorable.There are other new players I expect to make an impact but this short list is sufficient for now. I don't envy Corbs having to make the tough decisions on the roster.But in the modern era that is the dilemma of all elite teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News