ADVERTISEMENT

Football I'm glad we won, but why did it take 9 games to open up the playcalling?

WoodyVU66

Admiral
Gold Member
Apr 8, 2014
Madison, Tn.
I'm happy we won, so let's get that out there. Let's win 3 more while we are at it.

But, I'm honestly perplexed as to why it took until the 9th game of the season to implement the kind of offensive creativity that was on display yesterday against Arkansas. Yes, I'm aware Arkansas has a bad defense, but I'm talking about HOW the game was called more than the results.

Does this staff only choose to get creative against bad defenses, being more conservative against good defenses? Or, do bad defenses allow for more offensive creativity since you rarely punt and can get into a rhythm since you're on the field longer? Or, was it more simply a desperation move since the season was slipping away?

Because, that was a fun offense to watch yesterday, they put somebody in motion on most plays yesterday that weren't obvious passing down.

But, it sure makes Mason and Ludwig look dumb for being so predictable in the first 8 games.

Just curious if anyone knows why the sudden change in playcalling?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News