ADVERTISEMENT

Football I sense my old friend, black cloud, waiting to appear, lol.

WoodyVU66

Admiral
Gold Member
Apr 8, 2014
Madison, Tn.
All of the talk after the close loss at Notre Dame is positive, as it should be.

The media loves us. They are picking us to upset South Carolina. The VS board is alive with the talk of 8-10 wins this year. The media and the board are talking about how much talent we have, how good our secondary is, how many of our starters could start for SEC schools, etc.

But, I sense a my old friend/enemy lurking.

I've seen VU many times over the years play a good opponent tough early in the season(as have most of you), and thoughts of bowl games and how good our players and team are because we just took nationally ranked school X down to the wire means we've arrived, watch out SEC!!!

And yes, we looked the part Saturday against Notre Dame. But, we looked the part last year after K-State. 4-0 before Tulane in '84, ouch. MTSU in Cutler's senior year, puke. We've looked the part many times over the years, only for a team like South Carolina, a team on paper we should be about even with, to come in and if not dominate us, then at least thoroughly outplay us. Then, the wheels come off of the season.

I've seen this movie before.

I refuse to be Charlie Brown again, Lucy (VU football)!! I'll not buy in again until you put that damn football down, and I get to kick it.

I'll be there Saturday, but it will feell like I'm going to watch Die Hard 27, or something to that effect, as I've seen this movie before, many, many times.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News