ADVERTISEMENT

I...am...done.

topsman97

Captain
Gold Member
Jul 12, 2006
I did not get to watch most of the game today because of a dinner party we committed to several weeks back. I spent a great deal of time on the road and was able to listen to Joe Fisher's call the game.

The game progressed and Vandy offense had still not scored a TD against the pathetic Wildcat defense. I began to realize that this is the last Vandy football game I will watch this season...and I'm positive it will be a few seasons before I watch another game. I will not listen, watch, or attend another game until I am convinced there is a product on the field worth watching (which could be years from now). I spent the better part of 35 years watching a product that was mostly crappy. I will not invest any more of my time supporting a program that the administration doesn't seem to care about.

Monday, I will send a letter along with the remainder of season tickets to the athletic department. I will request a refund of $320, (the sum of face value for each remaining game x two season tickets). If they decline my request, I will instruct that my tickets be returned to me. Then I will sell...no...I might even give my tickets...to the biggest redneck UT fan I can find. Yes, I know this will piss some of you off, and that is not my intent. However, I really can't think of a better way to get the Administration's attention.

I'm tired of watching a game against a Power 5 opponent and wondering if our offense can score of touchdown. I'm tired of watching our defense give up 10-20 points and knowing that we probably lose. I'm tired of watching our offense drive down the field and then kill their drive with a self inflicted ridiculous penalty (delay of game, false start, holding, etc). I'm just tired of losing to terrible team like South Carolina, Kentucky, and barely beating teams like Charleston Southern and UMass.

I might be living in Hendersonville by next season. If so, there is a very good chance I purchase season tickets for WKU games. Why not? I'm a WKU grad. I'll live about 45 minutes from the campus. The stadium is nicer than the dump Vandy plays in. They've also had more recent success than Vandy. Finally, their games are actually fun to watch.

I've had it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News