ADVERTISEMENT

Off topic How much of the current Kirkland culture is on Nick Zeppos?

Warrikk

Admiral
Gold Member
Feb 2, 2004
This isn't a "Zippy was the worst Chancellor ever" thread. While I don't think Nick cared much about athletics, other than at some level knowing he needed to pretend to care, he did some things very well for the university. You often make hires to speak to the weaknesses of said hires predecessor, and Nick came in when we definitely did not need a free-spender. Yet despite his more fiscally conservative ways the university got better in a number of areas.

That said, he was essentially a pathological liar. By "essentially" I mean while I don't know the clinical definition of a pathological liar, I do know that Zeppos would look you in the eye while lying to you, while knowing that you knew he was lying. I've never encountered anything like that before in a first-hand leadership position. I know this because he did it directly to me.

I feel like some of our braintrust feel like they can say anything and get away with it with zero accountability, which just isn't the case. I'm curious if some of this can be attributable to the fact that Zeppos would more than willingly flat out lie.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News