ADVERTISEMENT

Football Homecoming Weekend

VU65

Lieutenant
Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
This homecoming weekend may be the most important moment for Vanderbilt athletics. The only hope for saving this program in my opinion is that the new Chancellor is for real and he will make the changes necessary for our program to compete. He made his big announcement in the spring which brought hope to the program but since has been silent. We were told they would show us the details of how they were going to spend $300 million on the first phase of facility improvements. He said we would break ground immediately after the football season is over. Why has he not followed thru with his promises? I was told that perhaps he was waiting to release the big show at homecoming weekend. It is my understanding that the plan they settled on has a projected cost of over $350 million and does not include any improvements to the baseball or tennis programs. I wonder if the fund raising is not going well and they are delaying any specific commitment. It it is hard to believe with the fact the the endowment grew by 55% in the last year to over $10 billion that they will not be able to move forward with this program. If they delay it, the Chancellor’s credibility with the fan base will be ruined.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News