ADVERTISEMENT

Football Friday's practice notes

Chris Lee

Admiral
Staff
Apr 27, 2004
I was there for all of it and here are some things that stood out.

- I talked about how De'Rickey Wright was at practice on Wednesday. I did not see Wright there today (not saying he wasn't, I just didn't see him) but I asked someone who'd know about that situation. Wright hit the transfer portal (I'm not sure if he's still in it or not) but there may be a scenario under which he returns, with a big emphasis on *may* because there are a lot of variables there, including the fact that if he did return, that would mean he'd sat out all of spring practice while his teammates worked and so obviously a coaching staff has to be careful about setting precedents and things like that. So anyway, that could go a number of ways but I wouldn't rule it out that he could return.

- QB Ken Seals has looked better this week than last and today I thought he was outstanding (and asked another media member who was there today, who also saw it the way I did). Seals has started to get his mobility back but the biggest thing was that his throws were accurate and sometimes perfectly thrown into small windows. This is just my opinion and I don't know what the staff thinks, but I think the QB race has become too close to call.

- Guys who had huge plays today included WR Quincy Skinner and RB Rocko Griffin.

- Offensive line improvement has been really encouraging. That said, the DL has been without Daevion Davis and Nate Clifton, who are probably two of the best three players there (along with, IMO, Malik Langham) and that group is going to be thin on talent even with those guys, but just sharing what I'm seeing. It's not the total dumpster fire that it was in fall camp for sure.

Again, I'm limited in what I can share because of practice reporting restrictions but that's what stood out today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News