ADVERTISEMENT

Football Facilities update

Chris Lee

Admiral
Staff
Apr 27, 2004
I've gathered some info from multiple sources on what's going on in relations to facilities, plans, etc.

First, there was a lengthy Board of Trust meeting today to discuss facilities plans. (I'm not sure of the time, it may be going on as we speak.) The hope is that the BOT will approve what's presented.

There's a football and a basketball element.

There are plans for a building in the South end zone. This sounds like something you see at a lot of places--I'm specifically thinking Wyoming, Mississippi State, Wake Forest.

It will also connect to Memorial Gym.

The building will contain lounges, study facilities, food service, etc., as well as alumni facilities and things like that.

I don't know the proposed cost but hopefully will find that out.

Also, one interesting thing I was recently told: Funding is supposed to be coming one-third from donations, one-third from university match and I think the other third from financing or a bond issue. That was from a single source, and I didn't ask a lot of follow-up questions, so take that for what it's worth.

Anyway, at least we now have an idea of what's coming first.

Feel free to ask follow-up questions, that's all I can think to tell you but it occurs to me that I unintentionally sat on some info this week in the whirlwind of everything else.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News