ADVERTISEMENT

Hoops Recruiting Every Single National Writer Picking IU for Romeo

VUFan4Life

Lieutenant
Gold Member
Aug 11, 2004
Have not seen one Vanderbilt or Kansas pick. Borzello, Jerry Meyer, Jeff Goodman, Evan Daniels, Eric Bossi, multiple Crystal Balls and on and on.

Jerry Meyer says all the intel he has gathered leads to him to choose IU, so it sounds like more than just speculation based on announcement location, etc.

Vandyblue said in another thread that our coaches haven't been told. From someone who used to cover some recruiting and AAU events, that's a bad sign. If there were some insider folks at IU (and KU, I guess) who said the same thing about those coaching staffs, it would be different, but I have not seen that. Often times, when a recruit makes up his mind, he tells the "winning" coach and lets the others know just prior to announcement. Have seen that numerous times.

I imagine he has told the IU coaching staff, and they have let it "leak" without really letting it leak, if you know what I mean. Builds momentum for their program, has all eyes on them, can use it as a tool for other recruits, etc. That's my take--hope I am wrong.

Reactions: vandy2021
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News