ADVERTISEMENT

Downside to the Portal...

Doresalum

Lieutenant, junior grade
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2017
I think I'm excited for the football season. And the basketball season. Or maybe I'm not.

When I go to the first game this season, and I look at the players, I won't recognize most of them. I don't know who's granddad went to Vanderbilt and who is the first in his family to go to college. I don't know who get 1600 on the SATs or who is a talented DJ on the side. I will need a chart of players and numbers at all times. I won't know who is having an off night and who I should really be excited about. To me, with the exception of a few returnees like Langston Patterson and CJ Taylor we have anonymous teams of rent-a-players. I hope i will learn to love them. Especially the ones with more than a year of eligibility left. But now--and I consider myself a big fan--it's going to be really hard this year to have the same love for the individual players that I've had in the past.

I love that we've been topgrading the roster. And with wins, all things are possible. But right now. I'd excited about the team's potential.. and just 'meh' on the seeming anonymity of many of the individual players.

A suggestion? Vandy media should start doing full profiles--couple pages each with pictures and bios and Q&A re: each transfer from the portal

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News