ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Do not blame the refs

WoodyVU66

Admiral
Gold Member
Apr 8, 2014
Madison, Tn.
First of all, in case you've not been paying attention, I believe it's weak to blame refs for a loss. There's always enough plays that weren't made in a close loss that it shouldn't have come down to a refs decision. That definitely goes for this UK game.

Secondly, I thought for a 5 game under .500 VU team playing a ranked UK team in Rupp Arena, that was about as fairly called game as you could ask for. Freethrows were VU 16-23 and UK 20-27. They took and made 4 more freethrows. That doesn't scream 'VU got screwed by the refs again".

Yes, there were a couple of bad calls on VU. This just in, we had a couple go our way too.

But, and I hate saying this because the kid gives everything he has every game, if Riley sinks his one and one, that game is over. Then Toye doesn't make his dumb foul, the game doesn't go to OT, and VU celebrates a rare win in Rupp.

So please, don't blame the refs like a UTjr/UK fan, because the refs called the right foul at the right time for VU and our career 80 something percent freethrow shooting senior simply missed the game winning free throw. It's really that simple.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News